Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello Dad,
Well it is transfer week again, that is why I am writing you on tuesday. I found out that I will be staying in Clarksburg, but Elder Houser will be transfered to Cowin WV. I will now be serving with Elder Jason Hansen (not John Hansen). He came out with me so that will be very interesting to serve with him. I served around him while I was in the middle of the Blacksburg/Radford mix up. He was one of the Elders that we shared an appartment with in Dublin.
Lots of changes are taking place in the Mission. They are getting rid of a lot of the zones and combining them. So last transfer I was a Zone Leader over 16 missionaries, and now I will be a Zone Leader over 28 missionaries. I am really nervous!!! We are going to be driving a lot from area to area doing the new training that will be taking place here. Sometimes I wonder why the Lord chose me to be a Zone Leader in the middle of all this.
This last week we set Lee Milam with a Baptismal Date!!! We are really excited about it. We have been working with him for a long time and it is finally time for him to be baptized. He will be baptized on August 28th. Pray for him.
We also were able to find 4 new investigators this past week. One lady that we met is from Holland. Her name is Candita (Candeta). She is a really nice lady. We are going to be able to meet with next week. Then we found a man named Jim Elder. He knows a few of the members here and I think that is why he let us in, but hey, whatever it takes.
I don't really have any fun stories. We are still doing a lot of tracting. We were tracting in Grafton on Saturday and we knocked on a door, I started dry heaving when I smelt the inside of the house. I thought that I had a strong stomach after going to that house in Charleston, but this house was NASTY!!! I felt really bad but I just couldn't talk so we just gave them a card and walked away. I will never forget that smell.
I hope that you had fun at Girls Camp. I love you very much!!!
Love,
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment