Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello Dad,
What a week we have had!!! Lee Milam was baptized on Sunday. The spirit was really strong. I had the opportunity to baptize him and Elder Hansen Confirmed him. Then in Sacrament meeting we got to speak on missionary work. It was a packed day. Elder Hansen was a little stressed out but we made it and the day went better then expected.
We also went out on a whole day split with two of the young men in the Ward here. Christian and Aaron went out with us on Thursday. It was a very interesting experience. I felt like I was training a new missionary again. I did most of the teaching and door approaches but it was really fun. I think that they both enjoyed it because they are going to go out with us all day again tomorrow. They actually wanted to do it two days this week but we don't have enough work to keep us all busy. It is really nice though because it doubles our time.
This has been a great transfer and now it is coming to a close. I hope that the Lord still needs me here for one more because we have some great things coming up here in the future. Donnie Tate is still working towards being baptized on September 25th. We found two great families. One of the families I thought was Mormon already. They have eight kids and they home school them. Doesn't that just scream Mormon? We are really excited about everything that is happening for us. The Lord has blessed us with the time that we do spend working in our area.
It looks like you all had a great week this week. Freezing corn, going to the cabin. It sounds like Katelyn is going to enjoy her Senior year of High School. She has a lot of great classes. I wish I was going to be home to see here musical production. But I guess I am doing a great work here in West Virginia.
Me and Elder Hansen have been talking about it. We only have 2 1/2 transfers left on our missions. That is enough time for me to be a Zone Leader one more transfer and then to go off and die in my last area. I can't beleive it has come this fast!!
Fall is coming fast here. We heard in church yesterday that the weather is supposed to start getting colder every day. It gets to about 60 degrees at night. and we don't use our AC Unit any more. I can't beleive it is here. It is another testimony that my mission is drawing to a close. :(
Thanks for all of the great pictures. I sould be sending some home to you all here this week.
I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment